I caught the last bit of this video on MTV as I was flipping through the channels a couple months ago and fell in love. Here's a link - go watch! It's charmed everybody who I've forced to watch it...which is almost anyone who's been near an internet connection with me recently.
I was trying to define what sort of music I like in this post, since what I like transcends genres. You know what I really like? Intense music. Stuff that's really aggressive and loud, or buoyantly happy, or relentlessly dark.
I collect very little music that's...chill. But I loved "Kandi" and I put the (eponymous) album on my Christmas wish list without worrying about how the rest of the album sounded, because I wanted to support the makers of that video. Turns out, the whole album's terrific, even though it's not my usual style. I listened to it on my way to work and had the chorus to Kandi stuck in my head all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment